P1 & P1/2 Get Growing

This week, Primary 1 and Primary 1/2 have been looking at food journeys. First of all, we looked at how milk makes its journey from the farm all the way to our fridges at home (ask us to explain it to you!).

On Friday, we began to think about how vegetables grow and come from the farm to us. We got ‘green-fingered’ and planted lots of different vegetable seeds (carrots, peppers, sweetcorn, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli and leeks). We are looking forward to seeing how they grow!

We have left our seeds in our library corridor/greenhouse, so keep an eye out for any shoots peeking through!

Until next time…

The P1 & P1/2 Farmers đŸ™‚

4 Replies to “P1 & P1/2 Get Growing”

1. Hi p1 jordan here i like the topic your learning on food traveling like how does milk come from cows to your fridge i to in primary 4 was learning about food that travels its a great topic to be learning on

p6 jordan

2. Your seeds are already sprouting P1 and P1/2. You must be fantastic farmers! I am looking forward to seeing your crops.

3. Hi P1 and P1/2,

I would love to find out more about the journey that milk travels to get to my fridge – maybe one of you could come and tell me.

I’m really looking forward to what you will tell us next week!

Miss Anderson