Good afternoon P1! Tuesday 12th May 2020.

Bonjour P1!

I hope you have had a nice start to the week. I hope that this afternoon, or whenever you have some time, you can practise a little more French, using a great website that we now have access to.

Watch this video. Can you guess what our learning focus is today?

ONZE!

Here is a little game that I like to play to practise saying French numbers out loud and in a sequence. You will need to gather your family members and stand them in a circle. You will all need to listen carefully so you are ready to play when it is your turn.

If you need more people you could even video-call someone else and keep them on a laptop screen for added tech points!

• Stand in a circle and each person in turn calls out numbers in sequence, i.e. un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf, dix, onze.
  • You may choose to call out one number, two numbers or three numbers on your turn, but you have to continue the sequence.
  • Whoever calls out onze has to sit down.
  • The game continues until only one person is left standing!

Linguascope Numbers 1 to 10 User Guide

Now use the above guide to access linguascope, a great website to practise French vocabulary through fun games. It has recordings of all the words so you can improve your pronunciation too.

I hope you have a nice time practising your French numbers – how high can you count?

Au revoir!

Your P1 Teachers