Links

P2-1 Weekly Reflection 4.3.22

This week saw us finish recording our Hamish stories so we could share these as part of our World Book Day celebrations. The link to the Sway has been sent to you in Seesaw! We kicked off World Book Day by listening to the official song by MC Grammar Reading is AmazingWe were able to spot 16 different books within the song, why don’t you have a listen and see how many you can spot? We were very excited when Mrs Clyne tweeted a photo of us dancing to the song and MC Grammar replied!

Throughout the day we enjoyed the Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) sessions, took part in a Masked Reader competition and drew along with Emily MacKenzie in an Authors Live programme. We played Give Us a Clue where we had to guess the character or book title which was lots of fun. We also completed a scavenger hunt which saw us searching through books to find certain items. Throughout these tasks we developed our interpersonal skills as we worked together with our partners.

This week in Numeracy, P2 have been representing numbers to 50 and we have been practising recognising the numbers, building them using manipulatives and writing them. We also consolidated our understanding of one more than/less than. P1 have been learning about halving and have explored halving quantities and halving simple shapes.

On Tuesday we were given the opportunity to visit the school’s new Discovery Den which has been set up by our Young STEM leaders. There were lots of different hands on activities to try where we developed a number of skills. We all had a great time and provided some very positive feedback to the Young STEM leaders.  

‘I liked the fish pond because we learned about a new animal in the ocean.’ (Cooper)

‘I had fun making my weather vane from K-nex.’ (Dexter)

‘I enjoyed reading the Science books. I really like to read. I enjoyed the maths leaves. I did times tables as well.’ (Minny)

‘I enjoyed all the activities. I enjoyed the crystal cave. I got them all right.’ (Poppy)

‘I enjoyed going in the crystal cave because there was lots of different stones.’ (Dylan)

‘I made a bird from play dough.’ (Kade)

‘I liked spotting the birds in the trees.’ (George)

‘I enjoyed the bird watching.’ (Kyle)

‘I liked cleaning the water also the crystal cave. Me and Dylan found some really cool fossils. It was so fun!’ (Theo)