P2 Learning Reflection W/E 22nd April 2022

At the start of the week P2 discussed children’s rights, what these rights mean to them and how they can help others.  Well done to the two pupils who represented P2 at the RRS accreditation meeting which took place this week. A big shout out to Mrs Smith and the whole school for achieving our Silver Rights Respecting Schools Award! This week P2 have been using rulers to measure in cm the length and height of things around the classroom. The children have also been practising their numeracy targets, some have been skip counting in 4’s while others have been counting on or back from a given number. In literacy the children have been revising sounds and spelling patterns with the ire, ure, and are sounds. Today in assembly we learned about Earth Day and thought about what we could do to help the environment. Please see below for the children’s comments:

Happy Earth Day!

Elyas – I liked learning about Earth Day. We have to learn how to look after the earth, we only have one earth. I am going to eat healthy and pick up litter.

Nathan – I like reading my book. It is called Cluck. The mum gave the girl an egg and it was hot!

Ella – We were learning about Rights. A right is something that you are born with.

Thea – I enjoyed learning about Earth Day. I wrote about it in my Free Writing Friday book. I am going to recycle bottles and plant trees!

Josh – I enjoyed my holiday in South Africa I took two planes and one taxi. It was twelve hours on the second plane and the first plane was one and a half hours. The taxi was half an hour so it was probably twenty hours all together when you add in airport time and taxi! It is good to be back in school to see my friends!

Willow – I have enjoyed doing numeracy. We have done measuring and we were using rulers to measure things!

Caleb – I was making a box for the Star Wars cards.

Jack – I have enjoyed Free Play. I was making a box with Star Wars cards in it and gems!

Oliver – I enjoyed PE. We were racing with the eggs and spoons to see who could collect the most eggs. It was difficult to balance the egg and go through the hoop!

Georgia – I liked the song we sang in assembly it was about kindness I think!

Alexander – I loved doing Free Play. We were playing a game with the cards. You had to put your hand through the hole and pick out a card. If you get a good one you get a point!

Rhy-Lee – We learned about Earth Day. We need to plant trees to help the earth!

Olivia – I liked PE yesterday. I thought it was great fun when we were doing the egg race  including when we went over the benches. It reminded me of cheerleading because it has big beams you have to cartwheel across!

Louis – I love earth because I love nature and space. Today it Earth Day. I am going to pick up rubbish out off the sea!