P1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 1st April 2022

Good afternoon. P1 have been very busy this week. In Literacy we learned the ur and er sounds and red word what. We wrote words, created a spelling flower, played roll and read and snakes and ladders. In writing we worked in pairs to create an acrostic poem all about Easter.

In Numeracy we have been counting in 2s. We have enjoyed singing and dancing along to Jack Hartmann’s song. Click on the link below to listen

We have also been learning about subtraction and different strategies to help us. We have been using Numicon, rekenreks, counters and ten frames and our number lines.

This week we have been exploring all things Easter. We created Easter chick cards, line patterned bunnies, sequenced the Easter story and created patterned Easter eggs in the tuff spot. On Thursday afternoon we made chocolate nests. We had to melt the chocolate which started as a solid, then mix in rice crispies and lastly scoop them into our case. We then got to add some eggs. On Friday we thoroughly enjoyed our Easter themed digi day. We worked together to create towers which we could balance eggs on, made a car which could transport eggs, fed teddy the right number of Easter eggs and tried to make something Easter related on Scratch junior. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

“I enjoyed building with the gears to make a tower to balance some eggs.” Emily

“I liked subtracting with the number lines.” Angus

“I liked building a transporter for the Easter eggs.” Aaron

“We enjoyed all our jobs this week.” David and Leo

“I enjoyed digi day.” Lyla

“I enjoyed playing with the robot that followed your pen lines.” Ayaat

“I liked spelling Easter with Beebot.” Ishanvi

Have a lovely Easter Holidays

Miss Maclachlan