P1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 25th February 2022

Good afternoon,

In Literacy we have been revising our long vowel sounds ay, ee, igh, ow, oo, or, air, ar, ir, ou and oy. We have revised our red words too. We have written words with these sounds, looked for words in stories, played roll and read, snakes and ladders and made the words on our magnetic boards. In writing we completed our superhero stories and look forward to sharing these soon.

In Maths this week we have been exploring halving. We cut and folded shapes to show halves, halved buttons on snowmen, decorated sandcastles by halving the amount of objects and created paper pizzas.

We have been exploring forces and superhero potions in our afternoons. We explored push and pull forces and how things move. The boys were making ramps with the bricks for their toy cars. We painted using cars in the tuff spot too. For Health and Wellbeing, we listened to the My Many Coloured Days by Dr Seuss. We drew pictures to demonstrate our feelings by choosing a colour to suit our emotions. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Finlay – “I liked doing PE – we played tig and passed backwards and under with the ball and we collected beanbags. We played in teams it was Fantastic!!”

Leo – “I liked learning about Superheroes.”

David – “I liked playing superhero games with my friends.”

Emma – “I liked drawing pictures of a unicorn.”

Mia – “I was building a brick house with Mitchell.”

Angus – “We were learning oy sounds. I listened to the teacher and to the assembly and I made a snow book with sentences, sounds and red words.”

Lyla – “I like playing in the bricks. I built a candy world for my mummy.”

Ayaat- “I drew my teacher a picture of colours.”

Orlaith – “I liked seeing Mrs Cooper and learning my speed sounds.”