P1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 11th February 2022

In Literacy we have learned the ‘ir’ and ‘ou’ long vowel sounds and the red word call. We have written words with ‘ir’ and ‘ou’, built words on our magnetic boards, played roll and read and sorted real and nonsense words. In writing we wrote an adventure story featuring our superhero.

In Maths this week we have explored reading and writing half past times on an analogue and digital clock. We wrote o’clock and half past times on a digital clock, read half past times on a digital and analogue clock and in words to complete jigsaws, played an o’clock and half past board game and bingo.

For Children’s Mental Health week we listened to the story The Dot. We discussed our strengths and drew pictures of these on dots. We also watched the short film Boundin’ and explored times when we have felt up and times when we have felt down. We created hot air balloons to show the times when we have felt up.  Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Angus – “We have been learning about ou words. I was good at my sentences and I had fun playing my llama game in gym today.”

David “I liked eating my snack and lunch.”

Leo – “I liked building a flying saucer with the bricks”

Lyla- “I loved playing in the story corner and reading.”

Aaron- “Playing Star Wars with baby Yoda. I was Learning how to write a sentence.”

Finlay – “I liked playing with Aaron and I learned how to write things that I didn’t know how to write, by sounding them out.”

Emma “We learned about writing words today. I made a sentence.”

Mia – “We were learning the sounds ir and writing words.”

Jessica- “I liked the parachute game today for gym.”

Ayaat – “I liked writing the letters and words.”

Have a lovely long weekend.

Miss Maclachlan