Weekly Reflection 28.01.22

What a great week we have had celebrating Burns Day and hearing all our Scots Poetry Competition finalists. Well done to our own class finalists Ethan, Rory, Minny and Poppy. We have also listened to some videos which taught us some Scots language from different parts of the country, click here to listen to the videos again with your children at home.

In phonics, Primary 1 have been learning the sounds oo and ar and Primary 2 have been revising the long vowel u (ue u-e ew) and the bossy r sound using the digraphs er, ir and ur.  In writing, we have been continuing to think about adjectives and wrote some decriptions about ourselves. 

In numeracy, Primary 1 have been continuing to develop understanding of number bonds to ten and Primary 2 have been learning about subtaction using the counting back strategy. This week we have also been learning the Months of the Year, please continue to practise these at home.

We are continuing to think about different places in Scotland that we have visited and have been developing our understanding of the map of Scotland. We have plotted the main Scottish cities on the map and we learned about some of the food that people associate with Scotland. We also discussed some famous Scots including Andy Murray, Robert Burns and John Logie Baird.

In PE we are learning about gymnastics and this week we practised some balances, jumps and rolls. Some of us showed great perseverance as we worked hard developing our skills.

Here are our highlights this week:

Georgia “I enjoyed learning.”

Cara “I’ve enjoyed maths.”

Rory “I liked building. I was building a camper van and a vets.”

Ethan “I liked logging in to Seesaw and sharing my work with mummy.”

Hunter “I liked drawing and learning.”

Aylar “I liked having fun playing teachers with my friends.”

Dexter “I liked learning about Scotland.”

Cooper “I didn’t know you could make the ‘r’ sound from different letters.”

Kyle “We were doing some jumps and some rolls in gymnastics.”

Dylan “I liked gymnastics.”

Jack “I’ve been learning some letters, the ‘oo’ sound.”

Kaylan “PE’s been good, I liked the gymnastics.”

Poppy “I liked everything.”

Kade “I liked gymnastics and doing the moon jump.”

Minny “I liked everything.”

Theo “I liked gymnastics and doing the forward rolls.”