P1 Learning Reflection for W/E 4.12.20

This week the children have been learning the sounds ‘th’ and ‘w’. In numeracy we have been continuing with addition and subtraction within 10. P1 have also enjoyed taking part in the 12 Sways of Christmas challenges. So far they have designed Christmas crackers, carried out a survey of favourite class Christmas snacks and designed glasses suitable for a reindeer. The children have also been learning BSL Christmas songs. On Wednesday the children were out in the garden with Ms Wigham putting up bird feeders, just in time for the snow! The highlight of the week for us all was sitting around the campfire with Mrs Smith and toasting marshmallows to make s’mores, yum, yum!

Reflection Comments:

Oliver – I enjoyed designing reindeer glasses. My glasses have a walkie talkie and also a hood and decorations!

Georgia – I made reindeer glasses with a rainbow.

Lily – We have an elf in the classroom. It’s in a jar because of the virus. We are crossing off the days so it can come out!

Grace – We have an elf in the classroom. We are only allowed to let it out when we have crossed off all the days we have 10 days left.

Rhy-Lee – We made a fire and we put the marshmallows beside it. Then we put the marshmallow on biscuits.

Josh – We learned the ‘th’ sound you need a ‘t’ and a ‘h’!

Kade – We were guessing the reindeer’s name. I guessed Santa Claus!

Alexander – You can open the elf in 10 days!

Jack – We are learning the 12 days of Christmas. We are learning sign language!

Izaan – We went into the back garden. We put some bird things on the trees with bird food.

Ella – We learned sign language for jingle Bells!

12 Sways of Christmas

Feeding our Garden Birds

Campfire