P2/1 Weekly Learning Reflection week ending 24th January 2020

On Friday we had our Scottish assembly. Every class sung a Scottish song and then the winner of the poetry competition recited their poem. Miss Maclachlan would like to say well done to everyone in the class for giving the poetry recital a go. I am very proud of you all. What a lovely way to end a week. This week in Literacy P1 have been learning the long vowel sounds oo and ar and the tricky words we and to. We have written words to match pictures, built words on our magnetic boards and played roll and read. P2 have continued to focus on tricky words.  We looked for them in a word search, made them on magnetic boards, played bingo and wrote them in a pyramid shape.  In writing this week we wrote an acrostic poem using our name. In Maths this week we have been exploring time. We looked at days of the week, months of the year and seasons. We matched the months to the correct season, sequenced the days and months. We looked at an analogue clock and said whether it showed o’clock or half past.  In P.E we continued with gymnastics. We looked at different shapes, jumps, balances and rolls. We worked with a partner to create our own sequence. We had our Star of the Week circle time. Teria is our star of the week. We explored rhyme as our book There was a Wee Lassie is a rhyming book.  We also looked at habitats and what they are. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

“ I enjoyed the gymnastics sequence with my partner.”

“ I also enjoyed making up a sequence with a partner during gymnastics.”

“ I enjoyed the Scottish Assembly. My favourite part was singing Ally Bally Bee.”

“ I enjoyed P.E because I liked doing the rolls. I liked singing Ally Bally Bee.”

“ I found it tricky learning tricky words.”

“ I enjoyed our Scottish assembly. I was the winner.”

“ My favourite part of the week was assembly.”

“ I enjoyed the assembly.”