Learning Highlights for W/E 15.11.19

The children enjoyed the opportunity to share their learning during our PATPAL session this week. Thank you to those who made it along it was lovely to see you all!

Isaac – teaching my Mum. We were finding some pronouns and nouns. Pronouns are words like ‘he’ and ‘she’ we use them instead of saying Father or Mother Duck in the story.

Austin – I liked the P6 assembly. It was about World War 2. The ladies made the bombs for the soldiers.

Nicholas – The P6 assembly was good. It was about the war.

Sushanth – I liked the assembly. They threw streamers to celebrate at the end of the war.

Savinc – I enjoyed the PATPAL. We were teaching the parents.  I showed them how to find all the sounds in our story.

Lois – we learned the sounds ‘oa’ and ‘ai’ this week. I am going to try and think of words with them. We know three ‘ai’ sounds.  split digraph o-e as in home. Coat has ‘oa’ in the middle. Snow has ‘ow’ at the end. Cake is split digraph a-e, snail has ‘ai’ in the middle and play has ‘ay’ at the end.

Leighton – I am enjoying the Nativity songs. My favourite one is Baby Jesus!

Coben – I liked the assembly because it was about World War 2.

Leo – I enjoyed the assembly because it had the song from The End Game.

James – I liked P6 assembly. They threw ribbons at us they were really long. They were celebrating the end of the war.

Ziva – I enjoyed the Nativity rehearsal. Plodding Along is my favourite song.

Subhan – I liked the Nativity songs, my favourite is Fishing for Stars!

Euan – The P6 assembly was good. It was about the people who died in the war.

Poppy – I like rehearsing for the Nativity play. I am enjoying lots of the songs and I am doing all of the actions. My favourite song is High on a Hill!

Lewis – I liked learning the ‘ai’ sound this week. It’s mostly in the middle of a word and sometimes at the start. Snail has that sound.

Kaelan – I liked the PATPAL. You get to show the parents what you are learning.

Rory – I enjoyed the PATPAL. My Mummy came and I showed my Mum what to do.

Charlie – I liked singing with Dave this week.