P1a Learning Reflection W/E 14th December

Wow! Another week gone! This week in P1 we have been learning about the z and qu sounds. We have made words with these sounds. We also learned the tricky word your. In writing we learned how to write a letter. We wrote a letter to Santa and we had to include the opener dear, the date and we had to close our letter using from and then our names. In numeracy this week, we focused on subtracting within 10. We played games and completed a worksheet. For Number Talks this week our focus was on making 10 using ten frames. We had to recognise how many dots already and then say how many more to make 10. This week also saw our dress rehearsal and two performances of our nativity Whoops-a-Daisy Angel. Our performances were fantastic. Miss Maclachlan says she is very proud of us all. We hope you enjoyed our performances too. Thank you very much for coming to see us perform. On Thursday we were very lucky and got to watch M&M Productions panto of Dick Whittington. It was great and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We also had our delicious Christmas lunch.  Here are a few of the children’s reflections from the week:

Euan: “I enjoyed writing the letter z.”

Leighton: ” I enjoyed doing our nativity.”

Ayden: ” I found it tricky writing z.”

Rory: ” I thoroughly enjoyed Dick Whittington.”

Isaac: ” I enjoyed learning about the sound z.”

Sam: “I enjoyed learning qu.”

Ch:” I enjoyed the pantomime.”