This week in Primary 5…

Another busy week for P5 as we continue to read Harry Potter. We have been writing about our own wizards, using great descriptive words to bring their character to life. The children have also been finding out about the life of JK Rowling and how she got the ideas for Harry and his friends. We have designed wands for our Class Charter display and discussed our rights and responsibilities; also revisited Little Red Riding Hood to find out if the wolf was really as bad as he was reported to be…

Yesterday we carried out our Pupil Council Class Election. The children displayed some great inspirational writing and confidently delivered their speeches! I was very proud of every single child who stepped out of their comfort zone and applied for the Pupil Council posts. The whole class voted and Michael and Lily-Rose will represent P5 for this year. Congratulations to them both.

We have finished off our week with a Lego Challenge of having to create a 3D wizard using Lego, with only 15 mins to collaborate, share resources and support each other. The Wizards were awesome.

Great job this week P5…see you all on Monday.

Mrs T

highlights

Eshal – I loved writing to Harry Potter and creating my Wizard.

Daniel – I have enjoyed havng no homework this week and reading Harry Potter!

Owen – Incredible PE learning handball

Lily -Rose – I have loved handball and finding out I was the Pupil Council representative.