NURSERY – Fun and Learning at Home

Good afternoon Everyone

Here are some suggested activities to give a try.

Decorating stones– Decorate stones and hide them in your local community for others to find. L.I I am using my imagination to create art.

Dandelion/daisy chain – Why not try and make a Dandelion/daisy chain, how many can you join together, can you make a chain longer than you? L.I I am developing my fine motor skills and can count using 1-1 correspondence.

Ice – Can you collect natural items in a small tub and freeze them in water. Where will you put the tub to make the water freeze? Once it has frozen hang it up using string and watch the ice melt. How will the ice melt?, how long will it take? L.I I am learning about how water can change forms in different environments.

Bird feeders – Some of the nursery children have been making bird feeders using a toilet roll tube, peanut butter and bird seed. Why don’t you give it a try, they are very simple to make. Step 1: coat your tube in peanut butter, step 2: roll over a plate of seeds to cover the peanut butter, step 3: put out in your garden for the birds to enjoy. L.I I am learning how to look after the wildlife.

Stay safe and have fun

EC Nursery Team