NURSERY – LEARNING AT HOME IS FUN

Virtual Book Club for Kids is a learning website you can share with your child to read, sing, play, create, have fun and learn. L.1. I enjoy exploring and choosing stories and other texts to watch, read or listen to, and can share my likes and dislikes.

Get ideas for activities, crafts and recipes based on popular themes and featured books with important skills and weekly activity plans for each of the themes. For more information please click here

Seeing other people wearing masks is a free printable book which is available at http://drive.google.com/file/d/1B2FEF1DTXomgH8ZL79Vg7E_Bu7ZOkBOA/view

Supporting your child with understanding why people are wearing masks. L.1. I understand that my feelings and reactions can change depending upon what is happening within and around me. This helps me to understand my own behaviour and the way others behave.

Some other great indoor activities to try at home

A great way to introduce your child to different materials and their properties L.1. Through creative play, I explore different materials and can share my reasoning for selecting materials for different purposes.

Pavement chalk activities to keep your child active outdoors

The good weather is to last another few days, take the opportunity to take fun learning outdoors, all you need is chalk and a pavement or driveway. L.1.I am enjoying daily opportunities to participate in different kinds of energetic play, both outdoors and indoors. 

Remember you can also have a look at West Lothian Early Years Blog for more idea’s by clicking here.

Stay positive and remind your self your doing the best you can and that’s good enough.