NURSERY – Fun and Learning at Home

Good Morning, hope you are all well 🙂

Here are some suggested activities to give a try.

Baking – Why not try making some yummy brownies – Click Here for the Recipe. L.I I am able to follow a recipe and use scales to measure out ingredients.

Numbers and Letters- Make your own number/letter monster using junk e.g. paper bag, cereal box, shoe box. Write numbers (start with 0-10)/letters(start with letters in your child’s name) on paper and scatter them out, then ask your child to feed the monster a certain number/letter e.g. find the letter B or number 5. L.I I am able to recognise numerals/ letters in my name.

Junk models – what can you create using junk? Click Herefor some ideas if you are stuck, but remember to use your imagination to put your own unique twist to the model, it doesn’t need to look exactly the same. L.I I can use my imagination to create art using various resource’s/materials.

Help in the house – Help make meals, water the plants, wash the dishes/car, dust, tidy your toys away or make your bed, you could even help write/draw the shopping list. L.I I am responsible and developing my independence skills through everyday tasks.

Remember you can also have a look at West Lothian Early Years Blog  for more ideas by clicking Here.

Have fun and stay safe

EC Nursery Team