P5/6 Thursday 30th April

Hello all.

I am going to copy each day’s “Read Me First” document from Team’s “Files” into this blog as some of you have been having difficulties accessing it. I hope this helps.

I am still trying to get to grips with this so please bear with me. I also want to develop some of the outcomes from Monday’s planning meeting and adjust how we are using teams.

From that meeting those of you that have had their personal projects agreed please make a plan for what you want to include and what your learning intention will be – Ethan, Gemma and Thomas I know you have already made a start on this.

Topic – great idea to do some stuff that is positive about the present situation. Someone suggested doing “Oor Wullie” in lockdown, and someone else up-levelled that by making it about a family – “The Broons”. What do you know about them? I have never read any of their stories. Thomas did some excellent research and has posted his results in “Personal Projects”: please check it out. Today continue to research “The Broons”, and start to think about the characters and how they might interact under lockdown. Create a list of the characters and write down what they are like. Describe them physically and what their personalities are like, just like you did for “Oor Wullie”. You will need to use adjectives, and if you want to challenge yourself you could also use similes and metaphors. STOP PRESS!!!! I prepare these documents during the day and up-load them in the evening. So This was made before I had read Ethan’s “Broons” story. Challenge: can you do better?

In the meeting on Monday it was agreed to focus on money in maths first and then move onto measure. This will help progress your work on decimals to 3 places.

TJay 1b TJay 2a TJay 2b
Money Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 7
Measure Chapter 15 Chapter 13a Chapter 13

Use the book that is most relevant to you – like “chili questions”. Do it like we do in class – don’t feel the need to do every question, just do enough to show yourself that you have understood. Check your answers in the back as you need. And Please contact me for support when you need to.

Education City: I have published a new series of activities: “Fractions 2”. Please try it.

I have not forgotten about the other spelling activity, but it proved to be more difficult to put together than I had thought. Meanwhile continue to practise your Fry’s words.

Remember Logan S suggested growing your own vegetables as a health project. What do you think?

Keep your daily diary going, recording what you are doing, what exercise you do, what you eat and how you feel.

Continue to practise your French using the resources from the link below: https://powerlanguage.courses/forfamilies/french/

Don’t forget to do the day’s activities on BBC “Bitesize”.

And exercise with Joe https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/joinin/bp-joe-wicks-workout

Submitting homework – Thank you to those that have. I think the best way from now on might be that if you have produced a piece of work that you are especially proud of you should e-mail that to the school so we can share it via the blog. If there is a piece of work that you are not sure about, maybe you found a bit tricky, up-load that to “Teams” so that I can look over it and we can then discuss it together. All other work please keep at home for now.

Finally thank you for all your hard work! I think we have all learned a lot about how to work in “Teams” in a very short time. I am really pleased with the sensible and mature approach that you have all been taking. To keep it tidy the less we post comments (Reply) the better: use the emojis as much as possible. Having said that when you do need to post a comment it should be posted into “Reply” (you should never click inside the “Start a new conversation” box, I think) for the appropriate day and conversation.

Take care all of you.