What have P6 been up to this week?

We continued to read our group novels and practised visualization skills – drawing a key moment from the text.

We chose an animal and researched using non-fiction books and the internet. We practised taking notes with a partner. Later we wrote an information report about the creature, shared with our class-mates and self-assessed our work using the West Lothian targets.

Bailey – I enjoyed writing the report. We wrote about sharks and I found out that the Whaleshark is the biggest shark.

Jaxson – I liked researching snakes. I found out that snakes use their tongues to smell and their scales help them breathe under water.

Bella – I enjoyed writing about Red Pandas and Pandas – they are very interesting.

PE

In P.E. we continued to practise our gymnastics and tennis skills.

Anton – In tennis I hit the ball to Emily 4 times in a row!

Health

We talked about loss and bereavement and strategies to help us deal with these situations. This was difficult but lots of good ideas were suggested to help us cope.

We have been practising our mental multiplication facts. We have applied this knowledge in order to solve problems and multiply by multiples of 10. In addition we have reinforced how to mentally multiply a 2 digit number by a 1 digit number.

Science

We continued to learn about the life cycles of different creatures.