Welcome back from P5!

Welcome back after our Easter break! We hope everyone had a brilliant time and are looking forward to our final term before the Summer!

This week we have had a look at Data and Data Analysis in Maths and Numeracy. We had to extract data from graphs and charts. One group also tried out creating their own bar charts and bar line charts.

In Writing we started our new genre – Information Report writing. We looked at the big book example which was all about Firefighters. We discussed all the elements of this and then created our own take on this.

In reading we continued our class novel and discussed some words we needed to clarify. Some examples were –

skeletal

trifle

gloomy

descent

primeval

surge

instinctively

coiling

stalagmites

fluttered

sonorous

expedition

updraft

meadow

broad

soaring

ignorance

trembling

Here are our thoughts on the story so far:

Ariah – It’s good, but at the end of every chapter it is a mystery as to what will happen next!

Erin R – In my opinion it is very nerve-wracking but exciting.

Ryley – When we first started the book I was wondering what would happen. Now I know the chapters are really short, I look forward to seeing what will happen next.

Gracie – The book is really exciting and I’m excited to see what the owl does!

In PE this week we began to learn the skills involved in badminton. We practised a low serve, high serve and how to return the shuttlecock to start a rally. We also practised keeping control of the shuttlecock on our racket.

We look forward to another week of learning next week!