Weekly Update From Primary One

Welcome to our last blog post of the term.  It was lovely to speak to so many of you this week and give you an update on your child’s progress. If you did not manage to make an appointment please contact the office and we can arrange a telephone call after the Easter holidays.

Classroom Spring Garden Centre

This week the children have continued to enjoy planting and looking after our seeds. The beans seeds are beginning to sprout!

Technology     

On Thursday, the children enjoyed developing their coding skills in our technology room.

Active Numeracy

The children have continued to practise their addition, subtraction and number building skills this week using a number of active games. Great fun was had by all!

Writing – Descriptive

Our last descriptive piece of writing this week, was titled My Classroom. The children had to descibe our classroom- how big it is, what is in it and what we do in it. Some great examples below-

As well as carrying out formal writing activities, the children really enjoy creating independent pieces. They are doing so well. I am so proud of them.

I hope you and your family have a lovely Easter break. I will now post updates on twitter. Please follow (and like)  us @MrsFlemingP1