P5’s Weekly Update

This week in P5 we have had another session of Green Gym where we continued to build the Willow Den but we also got the opportunity to do some tight-rope walking if we wanted to! This was lots of fun and made Mrs Hillan giggle quite a lot!

Ryley – I found it quite exciting to go on the tight-rope. At first I found it quite scary, but after a few times I enjoyed it.

Sophie C – I was looking at the tight-rope at thought that I didn’t want to go on it, but when I did, it was fine.

Chloe – The tight-rope was hard and when you got the hang of it, you could do it.

Olivia – I loved the tight-rope walk and I never even found it hard!

Lewis R – The tight-rope looked a bit scary, but when I went on it, it was fine.

Gracie – It was fun adding some bits to the willow den.

Sophie G – At first the tight-rope looked quite scary, but when you went on it was ok. I liked helping people go along it.

Kayleigh – At first I couldn’t get on, but when I did it was fun!

Kullyn – It was fun at first, but when I fell I got embarrassed. But it got better along the way.

In Writing this week we looked at poetry as Monday was World Poetry Day. We all discussed and then created our own ‘Thank you’ poems, where we said what a Thank you looks like, smells like, tastes like, sounds like and feels like. Have a look at some of our super efforts:

For Spelling this week we used our spelling words to create a ‘Spelling Poem’. Some of us put a lot of thought into these. It was good for us to know that a poem doesn’t have to rhyme. We also played a game where we wrote our spelling words twice and then shuffled them, turned them upside down and took turns trying to find spelling word pairs.

In Numeracy we completed our money assessments and played some interactive money games. Mrs Hillan tested our knowledge on giving change so that she knows how much we know so far. We also looked more in depth at counting amounts of money using coins and notes.

We completed our Roundhouses last week for our Celtic topic – take a look!!!

For our Space topic this week, we presented our group posters to the rest of the class.