P6/5 Tuesday 12th

Tuesday 12th January 2020

P6/5 Daily Plan

Hello again! That actually wasn’t quite as bad today as I thought it was going to be. Please remember that “Teams” gets really busy during the day so you are better off accessing the resources you need from “Files” the night before. Because no one could get these resources today I will have to do some of these lessons again. I have added some activities for you to “Education City Homework”. There are loads of other really interesting activities in their as well. The other website I love is the BBC: check this out (and generally look at their site):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000h2st/bitesize-scotland-primary-1-maths-1

I hope to spend more time organising and less time supervising on Tuesday. Please remember that Teams is an educational platform and use it appropriately. Today’s plan will be a little different from usual because of the teething trouble.

Reading: I will read the class novel “Wonder” live after morning check ins. The follow up activity is the role of Predictor from Literacy Circles. A sheet to support you with this can be found here: Teams > P 5-6 Mr Colverson > Files > Class Materials > Literacy

Numeracy: LI To multiply (and divide) by 10. Again I will try to do a live teach for this as timetabled. I will start with TJ Book 1b (this can be found here: Teams > P 5-6 Mr Colverson > Files > Class Materials > Maths and Numeracy) page 26, and then progress onto pages 58 and 59. For those of you that want to really challenge yourselves try the “How do I plan a simple budget?” activity here:

https://rbs.mymoneysense.com/teachers/remote-learning/?utm_source=NSP&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RBS7&utm_content=RBS7-067&dm_i=4C7I,ZJHV,24F84E,4G936,1

Spelling: I have up-loaded (into this file: Teams > P 5-6 Mr Colverson > Files > Class Materials > Spelling) the overviews for P5 and P6, as well as P4 and P2, which you can use for additional support. There is also the Fry’s list of common words. I have also up-loaded a list of spelling activities. Today please select activities to suit yourself.

P6 P5 S1 S2
cough, fierce, necessary, sequence, answer, creation, finally, neighbour jaundice, jealous, jaws, jay, jaw, juggle

right, bright, high, fight, flight, tonight, fright, night, might, tight, thigh their

some

them

last

because

Health / Reading / Art 

In the “Health” file I have up-loaded a drawing I think Mrs Stewart likes. Have a look at it and read the caption. What do you think? Below is a link to the excellent BBC website. You can read the article and watch the video. You can pause the video to copy his drawing, like we have before when using youtube to follow step by step instructions to draw the beach.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-55305286