This Week in P3/2

This week we have been reading our books. We have been reading in our groups and discussing the text. We have been developing our skim and scanning skills when answering questions about our text.

Mia- “We have been asking questions about the book. We answer these questions in sentences”.

We have been practicing our spelling words this week. We have continued to use the look, say, write, check strategy. After we have done this, we write the words with our eyes closed to help us visualise them.

Belle- “We were doing rainbow writing to practice our spelling words”.

Maths

In maths this week, we have continued to develop our addition skills. We can use a number of strategies to support us calculate the answer. We can partition numbers, count on with our finger or use a number square or sticks.

Sai- “We were adding numbers together. I used a 100 square to help me”.

Aaron- “we were doing dice addition”.

IDL

We were learning about the Viking Gods this week. We really enjoyed learning about them and sharing our knowledge of the Viking God’s Thor and Loki.

This week we also enjoyed designing and painting our Christmas baubles.

P7/6

We have been learning to use apostrophes for possession.  We practiced our debating skills (about deforestation).   CW

We learned of the features of a Discussion text.  We now that in the introduction we do not write our opinion we only talk about what the issue.  MG

For Numeracy, we have been revising on all the four operations and we were working out Time intervals. CE and AF

We have also been practicing our Christmas Poem. TN

Tessellation

We learned about tessellation/tiling this week. We worked out that some shapes were better than others for tiling (remember you can’t overlap or leave spaces). Rectangles, squares, triangles and even hexagons were good but circles were not. We created our own tiling patterns and some were fabulous!

It was really good fun but challenging! – Derry

My tessellation turned into a 3D drawing! – Erin R

It was quite challenging because the shapes had to be the same size. – Chloe

It was tricky but we got the hang of it in the end. – Summer

P6/5 Week

This week finished the Sharing The Learning video all of us got to see the finished product we all think its great but kind of cheesy at the same time.

Art-

In art to get us into the Christmas spirit we painted Christmas baubles to put on our tree at home. We think we done pretty well on the baubles.

Maths-

Today we looked at a test that we done at the very start of the year and we read over it and seeing what we have learned so far. re-done the ones we got wrong and see if we have learned about it or not.

Literacy-

We done the same thing in literacy but we did it again and some of us got 14+ more then last time we done it

We hope you liked learning about our week this week!

SNOW much fun in P2 this week!

Have  read to see the fun things we have been up to this week!

Fun in the snow

Max – “We were making snowmen!”

Charli Mae – “We were working in a team to roll the snow to make a snowman”

Jordon – “Don’t throw snowballs because it might be dangerous”

Elizabeth – “When I was outside in the snow I was happy because I was having fun”

P.E.

Connor – “We went outside to do circuits”

Mark – “We were running on the spot, doing star jumps, lunges, squats and windmills”

Jayden – “It started to rain so we went inside and did some yoga”

Writing

Andrew – “We wrote about why Christmas is important”

Emily – “Christmas is great because you get to put up your Christmas tree”

Vrishti – “Christmas is great because you get to put a star on top of the tree”

Louie – “Christmas is great because you get to eat candy canes”

Stop Frame Animation

Euan – “We went with Mrs Buntin to make a stop frame animation. We moved the little characters and then took lots of little pictures of them”

Sophie – “It was fun. I am looking forward to seeing it finished”

A Busy Week in P4/3

It has been another busy week in P4/3, as we continue to develop our literacy and numeracy skills as well as beginning to work on Christmas crafts!! Look out for some creative art work heading your way in the next couple of weeks.

We have been working hard to develop our mental maths skills through number talks. All of the children have the opportunity to share their strategies with one another and discover the best method that works from them.

Health and Well- Being

We made the most of the cold, but dry weather (before the snow arrived!) to participate in physical activity. We have discussed the importance of keeping active and the benefits to our physical and mental well- being. Next week, we will design posters to demonstrate our knowledge and some will be on show on a school Health and Well- Being wall display.

Next week all children will complete an end of term spelling assessment. If possible, please practise the words (sent home yesterday and today) with your child.

Have a lovely weekend, stay warm and cosy and I will check in with you next Friday.

P5 Get Drumming

Reading   

In group reading we practised answering questions about texts.

Bailey – My reading is improving – I can read more challenging texts.

Kyle – I enjoyed my dinosaur book this week.

Writing                                                                                                                                                                                                         During our persuasive writing work we had a debate. Some children thought children should help at home, such as Bailey, and some children thought they shouldn’t, such as Anna.   Each of them came up with a list of arguments which were written on the board by Miss Taylor.

This scaffolding then helped us set out our own piece of writing.

Bailey – I liked having an argument!

Alexis – I am getting better at using full stops.

We continued to practise subtraction strategies this week and we continue to gain in confidence.

Anna – I am better at subtraction!

Music

This week we continued to practise our drumming skills and keeping in time to the beat using objects like pencils to make a sound.

Jaxson – I enjoy everything about the music.

Art

Bailey – I liked painting the baubles!

Topic – Europe

We learnt about some of the Christmas traditions in Spain. They eat turkey but stuff it with mushrooms!

Health 

Cameron – I liked running like a speeding train during our run this week!

Colin – I am getting better at football. I scored a goal past Miss Stanway.

Miss Stanway – I was devastated!