Primary One – Friday 26th June 2020

Good Morning Everyone!

Well it’s my last blog! I can’t believe that the summer holidays are here already. I am feeling a little sad that we are not together saying goodbye but I know that I will see you all again in August. I have loved being your Primary one teacher, it has been such a privilege to see you all develop in confidence and ability. I am so proud of each and everyone of you and I can’t wait to see what you achieve in Primary 2. Lets finish Disney’s virtual trip. Enjoy!

Disney’s Virtual Trip

Activity 1

L.I. I am learning to share my experiences in a postcard/diary

S.C. I can share my experiences with others. I can write short words

S.C. I can share my experiences. I can add detail to make my writing more interesting

Make a postcard to tell somebody all about your virtual trip to Disney Land! You will need to draw a detailed picture on one side and write your message on the other side. Challenge: Can you write the person’s address?

Extension – Write a diary entry about your day at Disney Land, remember to include what you did at various times throughout the day. How descriptive can you be?

Activity 2

L.I. I am learning to use coins to make amounts

S.C. I can use coins to make amounts

S.C. I can give change

S.C. I can add amounts together

Here is a snack menu from Disney Land.

Circle the snack that you would like, and choose the correct coins to pay for it. There are 3 slides, so you could do this 3 times. Challenge: How much change would you get if you paid with a 10p coin?

Extension –  Circle 2 snacks that you would like, how much will it cost all together? Use the coins to pay for the items. Challenge: How many ice creams could you get for 50p?

Activity 3 STEM Challenge

L.I. I am learning to build a design.

SC:  I can select materials that will work for my design. I can create an interesting design. My design is stable and stays up.

Look at the picture of Cinderella’s castle. Can you create your own castle using materials of your choice? You could use sticks, blocks, or anything else that you wish. Be as creative as you can!

Activity 4 Random Acts of Wildness

Today’s challenge –      

“Switch off to Tune In”Can you turn off all electronic gadgets today?

Have an amazing holiday everyone, keep safe and even though you will not be in my class I will see you and your new teacher will keep me updated on your progress. Goodbye for now!