P5/6 Monday 15th June

Please do the work that is most appropriate for you. I set a lot of different activities so that you can choose what is best for your own personal learning.

I have created a new folder called “Special Activities” in “Teams” which has new and exciting activities for you for the next couple of weeks. Please take a look. I think some of you might be especially interested in the poetry competition, as you could build on the work you have done in the classroom with Mrs Stewart and me. I shall add to it over time.

I have up-loaded information about our virtual sports day next week. Please take a look.

Maths: This seems to be working well for everyone: all of you seem to have material that is appropriate. Finish money first and then move onto measure. I think all 4 parts of TJay 2a Chapter 13 (a,b,c and d) are useful. This will help support your work on decimals to 3 places. If you have finished these you could do TJay 2a revision work on decimals: Chapters 5 and 7

TJay 1b TJay 2a TJay 2b
Money Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 7
Measure Chapter 15 Chapter 13a,b,c and d Chapter 13

You all appear to still have activities in “Education City” to do and I have added some more literacy/grammar activities, which seem to be popular. I will keep monitoring progress on all subjects.

A lot of you seem to be interested in Martin Luther King. I first put this work together for you for the Tuesday 2nd June. Why? Why for that day? Why did I think it was important for you? Why is MLK relevant to us all today? Please think about these questions. You could use them, the information that I have supplied combined with any research you undertake. You could then choose how to present this work: a poster, a PowerPoint, a HotPotatoes quiz (could be very challenging or easier for younger children), an essay, a letter (who would you write to?). As usual, use your imaginations! You might also want to use your recent learning on persuasive writing. Some of you have already produced some really good work on this and I am thinking of adding another related activity. I think this could also be a health activity, what do you think?

Don’t forget the work in “Covid Related Activities”, Mrs Lockhart’s work and exercise with Joe.

Take care