Primary One – Friday 12th June 2020

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Friday!

Happy Friday GIFs | Tenor

Date for your diary Deans Virtual Sports Day – Tuesday 16th June 2020!! More information to follow!

I hope you all had a great day yesterday and managed to complete some of the activities from the blog. Some new tasks for you to enjoy!

Activity 1 –   igh sound

L.I. to understand that 3 letters can make 1 sound

L.I. to read and spell words in sentences with the igh pattern

S.C. I can say the sound to match the letter shape

S.C. I can blend this sound with other sounds to read words and sentences

For today’s phonics task I would like you to read the sentences below and choose the correct word to insert. You can write the sentences in you jotter or you can say the sentences to someone at home.

For the next part of this activity I would like you to read the following sentences. You may need to practice and get a little support, that is absolutely fine!

Activity 2 – Language Arts Book Reading Library PNG, Clipart, Area, Art ...  Reading

L.I. to read words and sentences

S.C. I can use the pictures in the text as a clue to help me read unfamiliar words

S.C. I can use words that I know in a sentence to help predict what an unfamiliar word could be

I hope you enjoyed reading   from www.oxfordowls.co.uk. For today’s  reading task I would like you to create a poster to advertise Fright Night. It should be colourful and have some information about the story. Most importantly it should encourage people to read it. Enjoy! Remember I am always happy to see any pieces of work (you can send them to me via the school email)

Activity 3 – Numbers clipart numeracy, Numbers numeracy Transparent FREE for ... Numeracy and Maths

L.I. to solve word problems

S.C. I can understand what the problem is asking me to do

S.C. I can use pictures, numbers and words to explain what I did and how I did it

As its Friday, I have posted some maths challenges. Remember to read the question more than once to make sure you fully understand the steps you need to take to solve it! Enjoy!

For Parents/Carers

The National Parent Forum of Scotland is promoting sessions to support learning at home. There are a number of sessions that can be viewed via youtube. Session 1 and 2 maybe of interest to you.

‘Learning Together’ – Online Numeracy and Maths sessions for parents to support Learning at Home

Activity 4- Wilderness Picture for Classroom / Therapy Use - Great Wilderness ... Random Acts of Wildness

Today’s Challenge –      In case you can’t see it  – Create a Work Art – using leaves, pinecones, feather and twigs!

Activity 5  –   Dancing

In your new pack you will find a P.E. challenge grid. I would like you to put your dancing skills to the test with Just Dance! Go to their youtube channel  and choose a dance to follow.

http://www/youtube/com/channel/UCOoefYX4YxrPA=abpa8Is2A

Encourage people at home to join in. Create your own dance or teach us how to do a TikTok dance.

Have an amazing weekend. Stay safe and I will be back on Monday with some more tasks.