Happy Tuesday Primary 1/2! 09.06.20

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Tuesday! I hope everybody had a great Monday and you are ready for all of Tuesday’s home learning tasks.

Reading

This week we have been reading ‘Painting the loft’ to access the book log into oxford Owls e-books, https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/       username deans12   password   mrsstevenson

For today’s task you can either choose an activity from your guided reading home learning pack or complete the activity below.

Find the missing word.

Read the sentence and can you think about what word fits in, you can use the online book to help you.

1. The children __________ to see Gran.
  2. “We can _______ some _______ “said Gran.
  3. “I have a ______ in the roof “________ Gran.
  4. They ________ up ____ steps.
  5. Gran ____ some cans of _______.

Finally, for a bit of fun have a go at reading and shouting out the common words at your screen.

There are 25 words included above. Did any of you struggle with any of them? Why not choose the ones that were super tricky, write them out and practise reading and writing them. You don’t have to use paper and a pencil, there are lots of different ways you can practise – chalk on the pavement outside, using flowers to spell out the word or even use lego. Can you think of any inventive ways?

Phonics

Yesterday I introduced the new sound wh, here is a little clip to remind you all about the new sound.

I have added another game to our home learning section of Education city called ‘White Whiskers’ , this game will help you practise reading wh words.

Have a go at the consolidation task for wh below. Crack the code to work out what the wh word is.

Good luck – I hope you can crack the code!

Numeracy and Maths

Here are your daily ten for today. Remember to think about which tool/strategy you are using to help you solve the calculation.

1. 20 – 20 =
  2. 15 – 0 =
  3. 10 – 4 =
  4. 15 -1 =
  5. 20 – 0 =
  6. 12- 2 =
  7. 10 – 5 =
  8. 5 – 3 =
  9. 14 – 4 =
  10. 6 – 4 =

Number Talks

Below are a selection of dot patterns, your job is to simply say how you see them, just like we would do in class. How many different ways can you make the target number? Don’t forget to use all the correct symbols in the proper place.

I have added another addition and subtraction game to help consolidate these skills – it’s called ‘How we Roll’. 

The Wildlife Trust has set up a challenge called 30 Wild Days, follow the link  – https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildness  to check it out. It has lots of ideas for super activities you can take part in outdoors to help/build awareness of wildlife in your local area.  Why not join in with A Random Act of Wildness – here is the activity for today.

If you are struggling with how to draw a flower, here is a little guided drawing tutorial to help you…

It’s bye for now boys and girls, I hope you enjoyed all of today’s tasks. Tomorrow will be Wellbeing Wednesday so I will be back on the blog on Thursday. Stay safe and have fun!

Mrs Stevenson