Primary One – Thursday 4th June 2020

Good  Morning Everyone! I hope you enjoyed Wellness Wednesday and managed to complete some of the activities.

THURSDAY QUOTES

Some tasks for you to try today.

Activity 1 – Free Phonics Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on ... New Sound j

L.I. to understand that a letter shape is a “picture” of a sound I hear

S.C. I can say the sound to match the letter shape

S.C. I can blend j with other sounds to read words

S.C. I can write this letter to spell words beginning with the sound j

New sound today. J is a loud green sound that you make at the back of your throat. Practice saying the sound.

As you can see from the slide above, Jack slides down the beanstalk just like you will do with your pencil, all the way  under the line, then  lift your pencil and put a dot at the top of the cloud. Practice writing the j sound in your jotter. Can you blend the sounds below to make and say words?

j – a – m        j – a – r         j – ee – p           j – e- t           j – u – m – p          j – u – g 

j – e ll- y

Now choose 2 j words and write a sentence for each.

In our Home Learning Pack you will find a sheet Draw something that begins with the letter j.  Complete the sheet and answer the question at the bottom.

Activity 2 –  Reading Clip Art For Teachers Free | Clipart Panda - Free Clipart ...   Reading

L.I. to read words and sentences

S.C. I can use pictures in the text as a clue to help me recognise unfamiliar words

S.C. I can use words I know in a sentence to help me predict what an unfamiliar word could be.

New book today. Go to Oxford owl and login the usual way using my class login ( deansprimary1 and reading) then e-books, my bookshelf, age 5-6 lastly scroll down to Bushcraft. Enjoy reading and sharing the story with someone at home. Bushcraft is the skill of living in the woods. Its a really interesting book and at the back are questions to read and answer as well as questions to chat about, Enjoy!

Activity 3 – Numeracy Center Time Clip Art Cartoon Classroom Clip - Cartoon ... Number Talks

L.I. to find a total without having to count each object

L.I. to make a collection of 10

S.C. I can recognise a pattern in numbers

S.C. I can show the steps I took to solve a problem

S.C. I can explain why I did it the way I did

S.C. I can check my answers and make sure they are correct

Remember Number Talks are all about how you solve a task mentally. For this activity don’t use anything to help you, just your brain!

How many dots do you see and how do you see them?

How many dots do you see and how many more to make 10?

Activity 4  –Free Subtraction Clip Art with No Background - ClipartKey

L.I. to subtract one digit numbers within 10

L.I. to explore mathematical language

S.C. I can solve a one step subtraction problem using concrete objects or pictorial representations

S.C. I can identify 2 different words that mean subtraction

For this activity I would like you to go to your Home Learning Pack and turn to – Subtraction language Home Activity 14 and Subtracting from 6 Home Activity 16. Please complete these activities and enjoy playing Houses game (it will give you a little extra subtraction practice)

If you would like some extra number practice why not visit this website.

https://www.themathsfactor.com/   Carol Vorderman is the host and she has some good strategies that you may find helpful.

Activity 5 – Topic Research Topics - Cartoon Clipart (#3531536) - PinClipart Forest and Woodland

L.I. identify different habitats

S.C. I can match an animal to its home

For this activity I would like you to go to your home learning pack and turn to Minibeasts and Their Habitats. Try to match the minibeasts to their preferred home. The Youtube clip below will be interesting and hopefully helpful. Enjoy!

Thank you so much Sophie for sending me pictures of your super work, it made my day! I hope you all have a fantastic day. I will be back tomorrow with more activities!