Primary 2 – Thursday 30th April 2020

Good morning Primary 2! I hope you are all having a great week so far! Here are some activities for today.

Special Activity

Today, Blair Drummond Safari Park are hosting a live Facebook video to give you a chance to meet their Sea Lions! You will have the chance to find out fun facts about the Sea Lions and they might even perform a few tricks! The live video starts on their Facebook page at 12pm. Have fun meeting the Sea Lions!

Think back to the strategies you were using yesterday. Did you find the most efficient strategy to work out the answers? The most efficient strategy you could have used yesterday would be to double the numbers. Keeping that in mind, use your knowledge of doubles to answer these questions:

• 9 + 8
  • 6 + 5
  • 2 + 1
  • 8 + 7
  • 12 + 11

Discuss the strategies you have used with someone at home and see if they used the same strategy as you!

Art

This week, we have learned a bit about people who may help us in different emergency situations. We have also been learning about what situations may be an emergency and what we should do if we find this is the case. Your job is to create a poster which shows all the information you have learned about emergency situations. Remember to make your poster eye-catching and make sure you can read all the information you have written.

Writing

Mrs Anderson has set a writing task for you. Have a go and see how you get on!

Retell a story that you have read at home with your family.

Learning Intention – We are learning to retell a story that we know.

Success Criteria – I can write or draw the events in the correct order.

– I can use capital letters.

– I can use finger spaces in between words.

– I can use full stops at the end of my sentence.

-I can draw a picture to go with my story.

Reading

https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/?selLanguage=en&mode=hub.

When you open the site, click the pink button at the top which says “My class login”. The class login details are as follows: username – deansprimary2      password – missborsbey       Once logged in, click the button that says “My Bookshelf”.  This will take you to lots of ebooks. Please have a look below to find out which book to read. Once you have read the book, discuss what you have read. What is your favourite part of the story? Why?

Green group – Leek Hotpot

Purple group – By the stream

Pink group – Dad, can you do this?

Yellow group – Clothes for Rain

Blue group – Can you see me?

I’ll be back tomorrow with some more fun learning to finish off the week!