P1 and P2/1 Highlights of the Week

This week we have been learning about the Loch Ness Monster. We read the story ‘No Such Thing as Nessie!’ by Chani McBain and Kristeen Harris Jones.

Sophie- It is about a little boy who wanted to find Nessie.

Brendan- His sister Sarah was not very nice. She didn’t believe in Nessie.

Lucy- She was laughing and made him feel miserable.

Arthur- He found Nessie in the end.

We are very glad that it was a happy ending and didn’t know that Nessie liked shortbread!

We decided to do our own Nessie hunt. We went on the live Nessie Webcam and saw….

Rihanna-  I saw a green thing in the water. It looked like it had a green neck and spots.

Aayan- I saw something flying across the water.

Scarlet- I saw a net.

After our Nessie hunt we were still not sure if there was a real life Nessie. We had a debate and in the end we decided that Nessie was real and not a myth.

We made Nessie Puppets. Lucy added lots of detail including spots and a fantastic tartan hat.

Maison made a fabulous Nessie and described him using  three adjectives. He even wrote a sentence using a connective. Wow!!!!

In gym we are practicing bouncing and catching a ball.

Calvin- It was easy because I made my hands into a basket.

Skye- We have also been learning new games. I liked ‘Clear the Garden’

Sophie- I liked shark Attack. You had to swim to the islands without getting caught by the sharks.

Lexie- I liked the game ‘Frozen Beanbags’ We had to balance really carefully to keep the beanbag on our head.

Our sound this week has been u from Inky’s Vowel House. We made u for umbrellas to remind us of the letter shape. We can now read and write lots more words with u as the middle sound.

In numeracy Elkie had fun being the teacher and was leading our learning.

I think we will need to watch our jobs Mrs Stevenson, she was a bit too good!

Well done Elkie for being so confident!

Mark- We had to put the numbers from smallest to biggest.

This week Mrs Wood was very proud of Lewis for working so hard on writing his common words. Well done Lewis ….two thumbs up!!!

Homework Star of the Week – Sophie

Sophie shared her fantastic homework with the class. She shared that she was born in the year of the snake, that this is the year of the pig and had made a beautiful valentine card.