Monthly Archives: May 2020

Weekly Check in

good week

Gooooood Morning everyone! I hope you have been enjoying the lovely weather, I know I have! Time for our weekly check-in where you can let me know how you are and what you have been up to! i hope to hear from as many of you as possible!

There is still time to take part in the Tuesday Challenge and go back to look at some of the riddles your classmates have left you! Keep sending photos of your great work to the school email address (gw18burnsidephotos@glow.sh.uk)

Home Learning 26.5.20

I hope you had a lovely weekend and are ready for you next week of home learning. As Monday was a holiday and I am therefore only posting your work today, I will post the Tuesday Challenge at 2pm today to give you some time to look at your tasks for this week. Here are your task suggestions for this week.

Reading

Select one or more of the tasks below to complete about one of your favourite books or a book you are currently reading. The page will give you an explanation on how to complete each task but you should remember completing these in class. These do not have to be printed out but can be written into your jotter.

Choose one or more of these Reading Challenges to complete based on one of your favourite books or a book you are currently reading.

Spelling

Choose activities from your spelling grid to complete.

Red: Commons words – list, most, must, high, late, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

Blue: Common words – second, fifteen, five, fourteen, spring, sunny, those, home.

Green: Will have a few weeks revision on some phonemes – (ue) blue glue true, (aw) jaw, draw, crawl, (oi) boil, spoil, coin.

Writing

https://www.literacyshed.com/story-starters.html 

Copy and paste the link above and choose one of the many story starters that interests or intrigues you. Use that sentence to begin your story then continue it using your own ideas and imagination. Don’t forget about using VCOP to up-level your story.

I will continue with the Chilli Challenge this week and then an extra task for each group. Again, these will be some revision pages.

• Chilli Challenge Hot – Hot
  • Chilli Challenge Spicy – spicy
  • Chilli Challenge Mild – Mild

Here is an extra task for each group (revision)

HWB

Here are some more go noodle activities:

• https://family.gonoodle.com/activities/from-mindless-to-mindful?utm_content=teacher&utm_medium=7716722&utm_campaign=share_link&utm_term=from-mindless-to-mindful&utm_source=clipboard
  • https://family.gonoodle.com/activities/power-up?utm_content=teacher&utm_medium=7716722&utm_campaign=share_link&utm_term=power-up&utm_source=clipboard
  • https://family.gonoodle.com/activities/shoulder-rock-n-roll?utm_content=teacher&utm_medium=7716722&utm_campaign=share_link&utm_term=shoulder-rock-n-roll&utm_source=clipboard

This week we are going to begin a mini-topic about ‘Summer’. I will give you tasks from various curricular areas to complete. I hope you enjoy it and you can send photos of any work you complete to the school email address. You can choose as many of the tasks below that you wish to complete with more included next week. I am looking forward to seeing your work 🙂

• Find out about the typical weather expected in summer in Scotland. Write a weather report for a typical Scottish summer day.
  • Suggest ways that we can recycle to reduce plastic pollution in seas and oceans.
  • Create a seaside picture that includes the horizon.
  • Role-play being a weather reporter updating Scotland about the summer weather forecast.
  • Discuss the importance of sun safety with someone at home.
  • Write a descriptive paragraph about a summer’s day using suitable adjectives.
  • Create a leaflet about keeping safe in the sun.
  • Write a list of things that are important for staying safe in the sun.

Have a great week and let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

Update

I have had some emails sent to the Burnside photos email that do not have photos attached to them.  Just a quick reminder to double check your photos are definitely attached before sending the email.

In addition, please remember that tomorrow and Monday are holidays so your work for next week will be posted on Tuesday. Have a great long weekend and I’m hoping for nice weather. Feel free to send any photos of what you get up to during the long weekend, I would love to see them.

Have fun and stay safe 🙂

Bitmoji Image

Check-in

Good Morning everyone! Time for a check-in again. Can you please comment below to let me know how you are and what you have been up to.

Bitmoji Image

I have been doing lots of baking and cooking this week as well as some exercise each day! Here are some of the things I made:

I hope to hear from you all over the next 2 days 🙂

Home Learning 18.5.20

I hope you had a wonderful weekend are ready for another week of home learning.

Here are your task suggestions for the week:

This week I thought I would try something a little different. Below are some revision pages that I have made into a Chilli Challenge. Choose one to complete this week (if you do more than one that’s okay too). Please choose which one you feel more comfortable doing. Don’t choose the ‘Mild’ work if it is going to be too easy for you or the ‘Hot’ work if its going to be too tricky! Just do your best 🙂

Here is an extra task for each group (again, a bit of revision):

Triangles: Triangles

Circles: Circles

Squares: Squares

Reading

Pens: Pens Comprehension 18.5.20

Pencils: Pencils Comprehension 18.5.20

Rulers: Rulers Comprehension 18.5.20

Crayons: Crayons Comprehension 18.5.20

Spelling

Red: (t) future, mixture, nature, creature, capture, signature, adventure.

Blue: Consolidation of recent weeks words – catch, match, wrap, write, bread, head, wash, warm, then, these.

Green:  Common words and consolidation this week – green, people, which, another, lamb, dumb, knight, kneel, knee, different, off.

Grammar

Grammar – Singular and Plural

HWB

Some Go Noodle Activities:

Copy and paste the link to get started!

• https://family.gonoodle.com/activities/mood-walk?utm_content=teacher&utm_medium=7716722&utm_campaign=share_link&utm_term=mood-walk&utm_source=clipboard 
  • https://family.gonoodle.com/activities/bee-breath?utm_content=teacher&utm_medium=7716722&utm_campaign=share_link&utm_term=bee-breath&utm_source=clipboard
  • https://family.gonoodle.com/activities/melting?utm_content=teacher&utm_medium=7716722&utm_campaign=share_link&utm_term=melting&utm_source=clipboard

French
  • Using you research skills, can you find out how to say the days and months in French? Can you share the day and date with your family each day this week in French?
  • Choose some of these French games to try out and revise the colours – https://www.french-games.net/frenchgames?topic=Colours&level=primary 
  • Can you make a French Weather poster to note down how the weather is each day? French Weather poster

Enjoy your tasks and just do what you can.  If you haven’t checked in yet you can go back to do so. Just a reminder that Friday (22.5.20) and Monday (25.5.20) are holidays so I will post a check in on Wednesday this week to give you all the same amount of time to check-in with myself and your classmates!

Have a great week and join in tomorrow for the Tuesday Challenge 🙂

have a good week

Weekly Check in

Good Morning everyone! I hope you have had a great week. Time for our weekly check in. I want to hear from as many of you as possible about how you are and what you have been up to!

I have been making lots of smoothies to have after I do PE with Joe. I have been going out walks since the weather has been nice and I found something very interesting on my walk:

Please comment below to let myself and your classmates know how you are getting on!

Also, here are some photos of great work you have been sending in!

Even Miss McKinnon joined in!

I hope to hear from you all over the next few days!

Miss M 🙂

Tuesday Challenge!

So here is your Tuesday Challenge – a little different from usual but I hope you enjoy! There might be a little appearance from a special guest 😉

Enjoy and don’t forget to show me all your work (gw18burnsidephotos@glow.sch.uk). 

Here is the instructions in case mine didn’t make too much sense! – T-T-20736-Origami-Rabbit-Activity

I think Freddy was happy with the Origami Rabbit 🙂