This Week’s Reformer (Wed 9th July Edition)

Well it’s a bumper crop in this week’s Reformer.

On Page 9 there a story about me carrying the Queen’s Baton.

On Page 20 and 21 there are a few pictures of Hallsiders at the Newton Gala Day

And on Page 30 Murray Fulton and Shaw Laird are pictured with their stringed instruments at the recent SLC Musical Showcase (although for some reason the caption under Shaw’s picture says ‘Stuart’!).

You can still get this edition for the next couple of days.

Hope you’re all enjoying your summer breaks and looking forward to the games starting in just over a week’s time!

Queen’s Baton Relay

Today I proudly get to carry the Queen’s Baton in Hamilton as it spends the day passing through South Lanarkshire. It has been many months since I was nominated for this great honour and I’ve been getting more and more excited as today got closer and closer.  I will be so proud to carry the baton as the Commonwealth Games comes to my home town of Glasgow and to represent all the pupils, and their families, who have attended Hallside Primary and all of the boys and girls who have taken part in events I’ve organised for the whole community in my time here.

Thank you once again for the nomination, it means so much to me, and I hope to wave to as many of you as I can today if you are there.

Thank you.

Mr B

Queen’s Batonbearer 2014

I’m Full!

Well guys, that’s me managed to actually fill my blog space!!! 99.3% used.  I don’t want to delete anything yet so at the moment I am a bit stuck!

I’ll keep posting stuff on the school blog until I can get my blog space upgraded.

In the meantime thank you and congratulations to everybody who has recently sent me in pictures of their achievements or brought in trophies, medals or belts that they have gained/won. I’ve still got all of the pictures and if I can get more blog space soon, I’ll still post them when I can.

Keep bringing them in as I do love to see what you are all managing to achieve outside of school.

I might manage to squeeze in another few posts that don’t involve photographs as they’ll take up less space.

Thanks,

Mr B

Sports Days – The Results

(If the image isn’t showing up, I may need to reload it when I get home.  I’ll make sure it is the first thing I do so that you can check it out around 5pm!)

Aaargh! Now home and glitch in the system is meaning I can’t post the results here. I can get it to post on the school site so click here to view the full sports days results.

Sports Day – Day 2 P5-7 and P2

What a fantastic second day for our Commonwealth Sports Days, with P5, 6 and 7 competing in the morning and P2s in the afternoon.

A fantastic day was had by all and I have now counted up all of the field events scores across two sessions of 20 teams in 10 events and added them to the 8 races across each of four sessions in the MUGA and we have our overall winners.

But you’ll have to wait to find out!

Here are some pictures of day 2.