P2/3 Daily Tasks Monday 01/06/20

Good morning everyone, I hope you enjoyed your weekend and got to spend some time outside. Today we are back to work so will be starting with literacy, numeracy and then a fun geography activity.

Prayers – School Prayer

Task 1

LI – We are revising the ‘ng’ digraph.

Today we have a different video, once you have watched it think of as many words as you can with the ‘ng’ sound and write them in your jotter.

Task 2 – News

Write 3 good quality sentences about your weekend, you can challenge yourself by writing more. Use your knowledge of taught sounds to help you sound out and spell words. Remember your punctuation too.

Break

LI – We are learning to use money to pay for items.

Continuing your learning from last time, we are going to be making larger amounts of money by using coins and notes this time. If you would like a challenge, we are also going to be trying to work out the change that would be given. Before you start you might want to write down what coins and notes you can use.

Task 1

1. £1.50
  2. £3.10
  3. £5.60
  4. £7.90
  5. £9.90

Task 2 – Extension

1. If something cost £2.50 and I gave £3, what change would I get?
  2. If something cost £3.60 and I gave £5, what change would I get?
  3. If something cost £4.80 and I gave £5, what change would I get?

Lunch

Mindfulness 10/15 mins

Outdoor activity

Don’t forget your sun cream today

LI: To find create your own map.

Today I thought it would a fun idea for you to try and create your own map. Try to keep it basic by only having key areas on it, like a path, grass or chairs. Make sure you bury your treasure somewhere that it can be found again. Your treasure can be anything you want it to be, maybe you’ve painted a stick or stone, it could be a small ball. Whatever it is, make sure that it is okay to get it dirty in the ground. An example of a map has been left below, you will also need an X to mark the place where your treasure has been buried.