Here at St.Fergus’ we have a thriving pupils’ council. Each year in June elections are held and anyone who wishes to stand for election must prepare a small speech to present to their classmates. Votes are then cast with 2 lucky classmates being chosen to represent each class. This year the pupils’ council will extend its membership to include the infant stages, giving all classes a say in the issues of the school. The pupils’ council takes its role very seriously and is guided by the headteacher and Miss McCabe.
The pupil council ensures that:
- pupils have the chance to share their worries and ideas
- each class in the school representation
- children meet monthly to discuss important school issues
- after meetings our Pupil Council Reps will report back any issues from the meeting and pupils will be given time in class for discussion.
- if the children have any other issues they can write these down and post in the suggestions box.
Pupil Council 2017-2018
Primary 1 – Caiomhe + Mikey
Primary 1/2 – Kallie-Louise + Kyle
Primary 2/3 – Leon + Louise
Primary 3/4 – Declan+ Emma
Primary 4/5 – Nathan + Isla
Primary 5/6 – Sean + Courtney
Primary 6/7 – Kacie (Chairwoman) + Darren (Vice Chairman)
We are also joined by our Head Boy and Girl
Check here each month for the minutes of our meetings.