Home Link Information

Hi, my name is Pamela McKechan and I am the new Homelink worker for your School.  I am really looking forward to working with you. I will be at your School every Wednesday from the 7th October 2020, it would be great to hear from you on any ideas you may have for supporting families.

We would normally be encouraging a drop-in service at the School to enable you to pop in for a cuppa and a chat, however we now need to make appointments to see people, for further information or just for a blether, please feel free to phone,  text or email me on:

Phone Number: 07824607256                                              Email : pamela.mckechan@renfrewshire.gov.uk

If I don’t pick up right away, just leave a message for me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I can also pop out to see you, with social distancing measures in place, at an agreed time and day that suits you/your family.

What is The Home Link Service?

The Home Link Service offers support to children and families throughout Renfrewshire.

Every Renfrewshire school, and some pre 5 centres, has links to the Home Link Service.

The staff of the Home Link Service come from a variety of professional backgrounds and can offer a range of support to children and families.

How do you access support from the Home Link Service?

Renfrewshire schools hold Extended Support Team (EST) meetings to consider the needs of children and identify the best way to support them. If appropriate the EST may make a referral to the Home Link Service. Parents should be involved in any support plan for their child.

Parents and young people can also contact the Home Link service directly to request support.

How can Home Link staff help children and young people?

Children may need support for a variety of reasons

• Changes at home such as bereavement, ill health or family break up.
  • Difficulties with friendships or other issues within the school /pre 5 setting.
  • Transition from pre 5 to primary school, primary to secondary school and when leaving school.
  • Support to manage emotional or behavioural difficulties
  • To improve their attendance at school.

Support can be given one to one or in a group. (www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/homelink-service)

I have listed below an example of some of our current groupwork activities that it would be great to see you at.  Unfortunately due to the current COVID restrictions we are having to run our groupwork remotely, although we will miss meeting you in person and the physical interaction a group can offer, it’s not all negative as this way of working can offer you the flexibility to take part in groups without having to leave your home or organise childcare, It also offers you the opportunity to meet with other parents from across Renfrewshire who may be struggling with similar issues/challenges that we all know parenting brings.

Groupwork

We are delighted to be working in partnership with Parent Network Scotland to offer these accredited courses –

We are also delighted to be working in partnership with our colleagues from Renfrewshire Psychological services to deliver groups on Nurturing relationships, please see information below.

Parent Group Leaflet-Home Link

If groupwork is not your thing, not to worry, I can also provide one to one support.

Individual Support

• One to one CBT counselling
  • Play therapy from children aged 4yrs +
  • General family support

Bankfoot Road, Ferguslie Park, Paisley PA3 1LA Telephone: 0300 300 1364