We can’t believe it is Term 4 already and we have a busy time ahead! Our Science topic is all about Mini beasts, so we will be active in our outdoor learning this term. We also have a walk to the Erskine Library to look forward to. This term we will be bringing home our first Curiosity Kits to enjoy with our family and will have many fun activities to take part in during Health Week and Sports Day. Here’s to a fabulous final term in Primary 3…
* Spelling homework will consist of 9 spelling words of the same spelling rule, given on Fridays.
* On a Thursday night, pupils should revise words for their test on a Friday.
* Children are to write only 3 sentences per week and complete the given active spelling activity (listed under spelling words). * When your child has a Curiosity Kit home, they will have no other language homework, so that they can enjoy the books and activities contained within the bag.
* There will be a weekly Maths task to complete which will be given out on a Friday and due in by Thursday.
* Children are encouraged to learn number bonds and multiplication tables.
* Every week your child will choose at least one library book which you can share with them in reading or they can read to you. Please make sure they bring them to school every day.
* Your child has a spelling homework jotter and a diary which they will also use to re-lay any important information, so please make sure to check.
Please check their homework diary and sign every day.
As your child progresses with their reading you may wish to try some of the strategies to make reading even more fun and interesting.