School aims revised in 2016
In Barsail Primary we are working together to prepare children for the future in a safe, challenging and motivating environment where they are nurtured, valued, respected and supported to reach their full potential, enabling them to have the skills and confidence to succeed in today’s society and we aim to:
- Create a welcoming, inclusive ethos which encourages, challenges and supports all learners to realise their potential
- Reworded by P4-7 – Work to our limits and beyond, having fun as we go.
- Provide an environment where pupils, parents and staff are respected and valued, partnerships are fostered and success is celebrated
- Reworded by P4-7 – All of the Barsail family get involved and when we do well we share and celebrate our achievements.
- Support and encourage high quality leadership at all levels ensuring forward thinking, creativity and innovation through a shared vision of excellence
- Reworded by P4-7 – We can lead and improve our school.
- Create a safe, stimulating environment which is well resourced and organised with skilled, motivated staff who have high expectations and standards for all
- Reworded by P4-7 – Everyone and everything in our classrooms and playgrounds should help us do our best.
- Provide a broad, balanced, coherent and progressive curriculum which offers challenge and enjoyment appropriate to each learner’s needs
- Reworded by P4-7 – Learning should be fun and just right for each one of us.
- Develop confident, resilient, independent thinking learners who can work effectively on their own and in a team using effective Literacy, Numeracy and IT skills
- Reworded by P4-7 – We can work together or on our own using skills we are learning.
- Ensure high levels of attainment and achievement for all through the best quality learning and teaching experiences
- Reworded by P4-7 – All of the boys and girls should have a go and reach for the stars.