Annual Chairpersons Report

We have enjoyed a very busy and productive year working closely with the school. In this past year I believe that we have worked hard to develop positive relationships with the wider community and hope this continues into the future. We have also branched out to look further into all the different funding options available to the parent council and the school to continue to improve on our community links and what the school community has to offer and have started to communicate further with other local parent councils. We have branched out on twitter and this has grown throughout the year and we hope to continue to get more parent forum on board with this to make it a great school community tool.
We could not do all that we do to support the school without the support from the Parent Forum and I hope that this will continue into the next school year.
I would also like to thank all the members of the Parent Council for supporting me as Chairperson this year. I have just been finding my feet and we have moved forward with a lot of new ideas this year.   It has often been a struggle to find the time to get everything we have wanted to happen done but that’s a testament to the dedication of all the council members and forum members who have chipped in and done whatever they can to make sure we had some great events for everyone to enjoy.
Some of the things we have been involved with this year are;
·        2 great discos
·        The Christmas fayre
·        Dig in day
·        Health and & wellbeing week and walk to school & after school clubs
·        Ice cream treats at sports day
·        Gifted 3 sheds to the school
·        We have also given money towards p7 week p1 gifts and the summer trip buses.
I would like to thank Mrs Hunter, Mrs Oliver, Mrs Murdoch and all the staff and pupils of Whitelees Primary School for their continued support in the running of the Parent Council. Their input is invaluable and the relationships we have made have been incredibly beneficial for our children.
Good luck to the future Parent Council. I am happy to continue to support however I can.
Heather Mackintosh – Chairperson