St Helen's Primary & Nursery

Home Learning Tasks 07.05.20

Good Morning Primary 5 and 6,

I am really missing being able to say that to you all in person but I am really enjoying seeing so many of you posting work, especially your amazing art work, I was so impressed with them all well done.

Tomorrow would have been a day off school as it is the May day holiday, maybe you could do something different tomorrow to help it seem different. I might try to explore another part of the world online, or virtually visit an art museum online. Do you have any ideas?

If you move back and forward on this website https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com/ you can see different things from today’s society as well as items that were made thousands of years ago. If you click on a coloured circle then find out more, it explains what each item is and there is an audio clip too, it is really interesting. Maybe you could find some out some more information about a Roman artifact.

Maths

Time – converting hours into minutes. I will put more video clips to help you on MyTeams if you need it.

If you are confident telling the time then give the ‘Converting Time’ tasks a try. If you are wanting some more practise telling the time then complete the ‘Reading and Writing the Time’ task. It is up to you what you feel comfortable doing.

Reading and Writing the Time (mild)

Converting time 7th

To do = Sumdog challenges involving Time and division

Comprehension = Read 3 or more chapters of your book at home. If you don’t have access then login into Oxford Owl and choose a book from there. Create a visualiser based on one character. Remember to include information about their appearance, behaviour and situations they come across. Try to include as much information as you can and put it into your own words. If you can, include some quotes but remember to explain each one in your own words.

Go to the website ‘Oxford Owl’ and click on my class login at the top of the page.

https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/

Login: sthelensp56     Password: sthelens9

Spelling = Login to Sumdog and complete the spelling challenges set for you.

IDL/Topic work:

See the Word document and Invention Booklet below.

Invention Booklet

Invention work

Mrs Brocardo x