St Helen's Primary & Nursery

May 29, 2020
by Mrs Cardigan
0 comments

Wonky Donkey – Rhyming Words

Good Morning Everyone.

I wanted to talk to you about our Story of the Week – WONKY DONKEY.

Can you say the title again  WONKY DONKEY!

Can you hear the same sound at the end of WONKY and DONKEY

At the end of the story the Author – Craig Smith, used lots of rhyming words.  He said the donkey was a…

funky    hanky-panky    cranky    stinky-dinky    lanky    honky-tonky    winky    wonky   donkey…phew!

I’m going to play a game of Wonky Donkey with you.  This is a game that was on the television when Mrs Cardigan was a little girl.  In the pictures below you have to tell me  the rhyming word is, like WONKY DONKEY.  Are you ready?

You will need to get an adult to help you, remember the rule…It has to rhyme!

Good luck, have a lovely weekend lots of love from Mrs Cardigan xx

May 29, 2020
by Mrs Campbell
0 comments

Primary 7b

Good morning,

What lovely weather we are having! Remember to look after yourself in the sun, put sun cream on and protect your skin.

Tomorrow Nasa/SpaceX are planning to relaunch Falcon 9, taking astronauts to the space station. Keep an eye on the news for more information.

Have a great weekend,

Mrs Campbell

May 29, 2020
by Mrs Moore
0 comments

Primary 7a

Happy Friday Primary 7a ☺️,

How are you getting on with your home learning tasks? Today, we are supposed to have lots of sunshine, with temperatures reaching 24 degrees! Remember to stay safe in the sun☀️.

🤔 Today’s Riddle 🤔

I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I? 

Can you solve this riddle?👀       

🙏 Today’s Prayer 🙏

Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me? – Jeremiah 32:27

Father, I know that, with You, all things are possible. Nothing is too hard for You. I choose to stand in faith. I choose to trust You, and I choose to walk in every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen. 

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Stay safe,

Mrs Moore🙂

May 29, 2020
by Miss Harper
0 comments

Primary 3 :)

Good morning primary 3 🙂 ,

It is another beautiful morning this morning with the sun shining and the weekend has to be sunny too!  What are you all planning on doing over the weekend?  I think we are going to have a BBQ.

I know that you all enjoyed doing the scavenger hunts that I have given you so I thought I would give you another one in case you want to do it outside whilst it is sunny 🙂 .  Good luck!

Have a fab weekend everyone!

Take care,

Miss Harper xx

May 29, 2020
by Mrs Kelly
0 comments

Happy Friday P4b! :)

Hey Primary 4! Happy Friday! 🙂

Last night was the last night of our claps for the NHS. Did you take part? I have loved doing this – it has a real sense of community bond and coming together!

What will you be doing this weekend? I think we are going to have a BBQ! 😊

Here is a little riddle to get your minds working on a Friday…

Mary has four daughters, and each of her daughters has a brother — how many children does Mary have?

Miss you all! Stay safe 💖

Mrs Kelly 🙂

May 29, 2020
by gw09marshallcarolin6@glow
0 comments

p1b

Good morning everyone,

The sun is very hot today. Take care in the sun today and wear lots of sun cream and a hat if you have one. Have a great day and if you have any questions then you can post them on teams. You are all doing a super job working from home. Take care, Mrs Marshall xxx

May 29, 2020
by Miss Gillooly
0 comments

P1a – Happy Friday

Good morning Primary 1!

Today is another beautiful day outside. I’m sure you will all be having lots of fun playing outdoors or perhaps going on a walk somewhere. Remember the top sun safety tips to keep yourself safe whilst outdoors:

Today, I thought I’d share one of the songs we loved to dance and sing along to in class.

Have a lovely weekend!

Miss Gillooly and Mrs Boyle xxx

May 29, 2020
by Mrs Maclean
0 comments

Good Morning Primary 5

Positive Thought for Today:

Good Morning Primary 5.

It is another beautiful day today.

Seeing the sun in the morning puts a smile on my face.

We are getting ready to go to play in the garden. I think we might put the paddling pool out and eat some ice cream later.

I hope you have something nice planned too.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Mrs Maclean

May 29, 2020
by Mrs K Hasselstrøm
0 comments

Primary 3/2

Good morning everyone, what a beautiful sunny day today.
When we were at school we liked to have morning meetings where we shared stories, successes or feelings. Please feel free to share any news or ask your friends a question on Teams or below. You could even share a picture of what you have been up to in the sun.
Take care everyone and stay safe in the sun!
Mrs Hasselstrøm