St Bartholomews

Week beginning 7th October

Huge congratulations to our  ‘Pupil’s of the Week’ last week, who are featured in the previous post. Well done from all of your friends in St Bartholomew’s!

The week ahead looks like this;

On Monday, I will be visiting Primary 3 to share in their learning and very much look forward to enjoying the wonderful progress that some of our boys and girls are making.

On Tuesday, we will be visited by Mrs Kinniburgh, our link Education Psychologist who will be visiting our nursery and supporting our youngest pupils. The Book Fayre will be delivered today, in plenty time for our bi annual parents evening. The children will have opportunities to look through the books and decide on their favourite title, in the hope that they receive a reward for a successful report at parent interviews. Fingers crossed boys and girls! I will be visiting Mrs Wilson’s literacy support group this morning and look forward to sharing in the wonderful progress that some of our pupils are making. Mrs MacIntyre will attend a meeting with one of our partner agencies,  social work, in order to meet the needs of one of our pupil’s. I will also be visiting Ms Kirkland in Primary 6, in order to share in the wonderful learning that happens on a daily basis. I look forward to it.

On Wednesday, we are holding our monthly Pupil Voice meetings. Our senior pupils with responsibility for these various groups are very much looking forward to hosting their respective meetings. Ms Marsh will attend a NLC writing course today and we look forward to hearing about any new initiatives. I will be visiting Mrs MacLean this morning and look forward to joining in the children’s learning at one of our Read Write Inc groups.

On Thursday, we will be visited by Sally Wilkinson who will deliver another exciting instalment of  Kodaly. The children’s Musical talents are improving every week. I will be visiting our Primary 1 pupils today and will share in their learning experiences in writing. I know that I am in for a treat! Last but not least, we host our bi annual Parent’s Evening today. First appointments start at 3.15pm and go on until the evening. We look forward to welcoming you all, especially our Primary 1 parents who are new to St Bart’s. I always look forward to the happy, smiling faces of parents and carers after they have heard about the wonderful progress that their children are making.

On Friday, we hold our annual sponsored event, this will be a  walk around Drumpellier Loch. Monies raised from this event will be a big contributing factor to keeping costs down for school trips. Thank you in advance for your generous contributions. Mrs Crielly and Mrs MacFarlane will attend a NLC writing course today in order to maintain and increase attainment for our senior pupils. I will meet with one of our Continuous Improvement Officers, Mrs Woodward, today and look forward to welcoming her to St Bart’s.

Mrs Bolland