St Bartholomew’s Primary School endeavours to build a stimulating, caring learning community, based on Gospel values, in which all pupils and staff have the opportunity to develop and reach their full potential. We are fully committed to working in partnership with parents, carers, clergy and the wider community to ensure St Bartholomew’s provides the highest quality of education across all curricular areas, with the needs of the whole child – spiritual, physical, academic, emotional and social – being recognised, nurtured and developed.
- To provide a safe, secure, stimulating and inclusive learning environment where all members of our school community feel happy, safe and valued.
- To establish and maintain high, but realistic, standards and expectations for our pupils, encouraging and supporting them to take responsibility for their own learning.
- To foster a love of learning in both pupils and adults through the provision of a wide range of high quality learning experiences which are purposeful, challenging and enjoyable.
- To work in partnership with parents, parish and the wider community to ensure that our pupils participate in a range of valuable experiences beyond the classroom and have regular opportunities to make a positive contribution to their local community.
- To foster Christian values of justice, fairness, integrity and compassion, equipping our pupils to serve as responsible citizens within our school and in the local and global community.
- To provide meaningful opportunities for pupils to develop their knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith, actively participate in religious observance and respond positively to God’s invitation of friendship.
- To equip pupils with the skills and attributes necessary for making an effective contribution to an ever changing society by encouraging and facilitating enterprise, creativity and ambition.