Room 2 January Blogg

Happy New Year to our family and friends from everyone in Room 2.

We have all settled well into the new term with lots of new learning taking place.

LITERACY

In Literacy we have been working hard on our new sounds. We are working well with our partners on our magnetic boards and using the five finger approach when learning our sounds. Ask your child about this.

We are making words with our magnetic boards. (Faye)

We write them too. (Ella)

We are sorting out the story                                                                                                and sticking it in. (Karla)

We are having turns each                                                                                            reading.  My partner is Luke. (Ella)

Next step for Room 2 in Literacy will be to continue to learn our initial sounds and for some we will be learning double phonemes. We will continue to work hard on the formation of our sounds and using our word mat when writing our stories.

HEALTH & WELLBEING

The children in Room 2 had great fun playing with each other out in the snow.

We are making the snow change colour.  We poured colourful water onto it. (Emily)

It was great fun, I loved it. (Madyson)

Next steps in Health & Wellbeing will be to further our skills in Gymnastics and Yoga.

MATHS

We have been learning the order of the days of the week and subtraction.  We are also using Sumdog to reinforce our Maths knowledge.  Please encourage you child to use Sumdog at home.

We are putting the days of the week in order.  The names of the days are on our hats! (Callum)

I am sticking the days in order. (Jude)

I like doing maths on sumdog. (Catherine)

Next steps for Maths in February will be to continue our learning in subtraction, ordering the months of the year and learning to tell the time on digital and analogue displays.