IPod Touches at Cathedral Primary School

I explore and experiment with the features and functions of computer technology and I can use what I learn to support and enhance my learning in different contexts.

TCH 1-04a / TCH 2-04a

This year I’m responsible for delivering ICT and French throughout the whole school. We recently borrowed 10 IPod Touches from the Computer Centre and they have been exceptionally popular.  I have used them in every stage throughout the school in a variety of different ways.

In Primary 6 & 7, children used them to research countries around the world and Google Earth to enhance their class topic.

In Primary 5, The Human Body app tied in nicely with their current topic.

In Primary 3 and 4 the maths apps were a huge hit.

Primary 2 had great fun with the Martian app, Fling Free and Sketch Pad apps; and in the last 2 weeks I have been brave enough to try them out with Primary 1 classes. Initially, it was very basic things such as unlocking the screen and sliding between pages.  However, their enthusiasm and fearlessness has meant that they have quickly been able to progress to choosing an app themselves, after showing them simple ones that were suitable for them.

The French Lite app has been used throughout the upper school classes to reinforce taught French vocabulary and encourage a renewed enthusiasm for learning a language.