From the School Captains

Coltness High School.
Coltness HS 6th year captains.
Picture by staff photographer Stuart Vance

I am thrilled and honoured to have been elected as School Captain. I am excited to start work on improving the school; both aesthetically and for the comfort of pupils and staff. Currently, the priorities in the school are organizing ambassadors for various areas in the school, finalizing the buddy system and making plans to reopen the common room. Some initiatives I am particularly eager to get started on are: installing notice boards for each individual year group with news and opportunities relevant to them, forming an ‘Eco Committee’ or appointing ‘Eco Ambassadors’ where members would strive to make the school more eco-friendly and raising funds to start replacing the remaining ‘old chairs’ in classes across all departments. A large focus this year will be navigating our way through this pandemic and getting creative to ensure that there is still plenty for pupils, staff and the wider community to look forward to, all whilst staying in line with restrictions. As one of your School Captains this year, I’d like to offer my support to anyone who is experiencing any difficulties or has any worries or concerns. I’d also like to add that if any pupil or staff member has any ideas or opinions about improvements for the school, I’d love to take these on board and see what I can do with them. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I am looking forward to this year.

-Chloe Rhinds

Coltness High School.
Coltness HS 6th year captains.

I am so pleased and proud to be appointed as School Captain. Being School Captain is a very responsible position and I am really looking forward to working with all the groups within the school and the community. i want to help make Coltness High a great place to learn.
During my time as school captain I hope to get some more clubs and competitions running, whether it be academic competitions or creative based clubs. I also hope to make the school as comfortable for the pupils and staff, as possible. Due to everything that’s going on with covid bringing back clubs, and areas such as the Common room (while following guidelines) could  bring back a bit of normality for everyone.
I will be working closely with the House captains this year and we already have many exciting ideas that will come together soon. We’re thinking about running house competitions, on a points basis, with prizes at the end of each year for the winning house.

-Mia Rae

Photographs kindly used with permission from Stuart Vance and the Wishaw Press

Share this Page