From the Head Teacher

I would like to welcome you virtually to Coltness High School, I hope you enjoy your surroundings and find all the information you require. August 2017 sees the start of my fourth academic year in post as Head Teacher having moved to the school in mid-April 2014 havingspent the fifteen years previous to that in Fort William, although I am originally from Kilmarnock in Ayrshire. It is a year that I look forward to with anticipation!

I have an excellent extended management team, a hard working staff, a great parent representative group and most importantly a pleasant bunch of young people to work with! I look forward to working with everyone within the wider school community this year again. I remain very proud and privileged to be the Head Teacher of this educational establishment!

I would encourage anyone who feels that they have something to offer the school community to get in touch to see if we can work in partnership with them to improve the future of the young people of the greater Wishaw area. I would further encourage anyone who has any questions or queries to contact me at the school where I will only be too happy to answer these. The one caveat being that the first two points of contact at the school for a pupil in almost all instances should be the Principal Teacher Pupil Support (PT PS) or Head of House (Depute Head Teacher).

I hope that you will find me as approachable as I have been in my previous posts and that my time here will be long and fruitful for the young people of Coltness High.

If there is anything missing from our website that you feel would be useful please contact me via enquiries@coltnesshigh.n-lanark.sch.uk and we will do our best to rectify this situation.

Kindest regards
John McGilp