On behalf of the rest of the Parent Council I would like to welcome you to Coltness High School.
We meet on the last Tuesday of every month and our role is to: –
- Work in partnership with the school to decide on the key priorities to take forward;
- Provide a voice for parents in schools and in their local authority on issues that are important to them;
- Improve the school’s understanding of how to engage parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school;
- Support the school to develop strong home/school partnerships;
- Communicate regularly with the Parent Forum to both hear their views and keep them informed;
- Support improvement by discussing the school’s strengths and areas for development from a parental perspective;
- Help make links with the wider community;
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.
We are always looking for new members, so if you would like to join the Parent Council or if there is anything you feel the Parent Council can help you with, please get in touch.