Coltness High School is a non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive school serving the north side of Wishaw. It takes pupils from S1 through to S6.
Our pupils are drawn from our associated Primary Schools
- Cambusnethan Primary, Kirk Road, Wishaw
- Cleland Primary, Main Street, Cleland
- Calderbridge Primary, Coltness Road, Wishaw
Under the Education Act, parents may choose to request that their children attend a school outwith their zoned area. In our current S1, we have pupils from 12 Primaries over and above the associated Primary Schools.
Having opened in 1966 the school was fortunate enough to be included in the Schools and Centres 21 programme involving a complete re-modelling over 3 phases. The school now offers fantastic facilities in all curricular areas.
- The main teaching block also accommodates offices for Community Learning and Development.
- Facilities now include first class laboratories, classrooms and other teaching areas including vocational spaces. ICT provision is extensive and very up-to-date and there are welcoming social areas and a refurbished theatre.
- The Sports Barn is a popular community resource (opened in 1998) which, along with other brand new PE facilities, including a 3G floodlit football pitch, offer excellent resources for the Coltness Community Sports Hub based in the school.