Getting It Right For Every Child and young person is a national policy to help all children and young people grow, develop and reach their full potential. Its focus is to improve outcomes for children and their families based on a shared understanding of their wellbeing.
What does GIRFEC mean for you and your children?
- You and your children will be fully involved in any processes and decisions which affect you
It enables you to:
- understand your responsibilities and the responsibility of others in developing your child’s well-being
- be treated as an individual in a language you understand
- To access services more easily and be helped in the right way by the right people at the right time
- Experience positive relationships with practitioners and other adults
(These sites are not controlled by the school and their content may change)