Ensuring the highest levels of attendance is of paramount importance to us at Braidhurst High School and we have the expectation that absence from school will be a rare occurrence. In the event of unavoidable absence, the procedures for reporting this are outlined below;
- On the first day of absence, please contact the school by telephone on 01698 274999 or e-mail email@example.com, advising pupil name, class, reason for absence and expected length of absence.
- Should the absence last longer than indicated you must repeat the process outlined above.
- If you fail to notify the school of your child’s absence, it is likely that you will receive a text message followed by a phone call from their Principal Teacher of Pupil Support, for you to clarify the reason for this.
- On return to school, Absence Notes should be posted into the Absence Notes Post Boxes, located in the Foyer and Guidance Base.
- Permitted Absences should be arranged at least 24hrs in advance
- S1 to S4 can be obtained from the school’s office staff.
- S5 & S6 should see Mr Gardiner (DHT)
- A signed note or e-mail will be required to authorise a Permitted Absence.
Please be advised that any pupil, whose attendance gives cause for concern, will be discussed at the school’s Attendance Management Meetings and appropriate support measures will be put in place following this.
If you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s Principal Teacher of Pupil Support.